Do you think your air conditioning system will cool as effectively as it did last year? Will your first summertime energy bill be more or less compared to last year? The answer to both questions is to have your AC system tuned before the real heat hits.
Even if it seems every part of your air conditioning seems to be running fine, it’s important to have your AC system tuned and checked at least once annually. A once-a-year tune-up can save you money in both the short and long term:
- Avoid emergency repairs by replacing worn parts before they cause costly damage
- Safety Improvements We check and repair worn, frayed or loose wiring, capacitors and contacts that could potentially cause a fire or damage the electronic components of your HVAC
- Lifespan Extension of Your Air conditioning unit We fix small problems before they turn into big problems, saving your money and giving your system a longer life.
- Bolster Energy Efficiency We clean up your condenser coils, greatly improving their function and saving energy.
Our AC Tune-Up and Checkout includes a complete cleanup and examination of the entire system and its parts. This includes a coolant level inspection, calibrating the thermostat, lubricating moving parts, motor testing with our industry standard tools, checking fans, and checking and adjusting belts.
We provide a detailed report that includes any recommended maintenance or needed repairs to keep your system performing at peak functionality.
Filters are Important, Too
Changing your HVAC filters at regular intervals should be a regular habit in your house. Some require replacing as frequently as once a month, others every other month. If you don’t maintain your filters yourself, our HVAC technician can show you where they’re located and how you can change them.
We are more than delighted to explain the various sorts of filters available that are compatible with your HVAC system. If you are currently using cheap, disposable fiberglas filters, you just might find better performance and value with these alternatives:
- Electronic Filters are the most expensive option for your HVAC system, but they are also the most efficient and effective. They create an electric field that attracts airborne particles magnetically. These types of filters are an important part of a robust indoor air quality system.
- Pleated Paper Filters contain more filtration material and a slightly different design than fiberglass filters. Their design allows filtration of smaller particles from the air. This type of filter is optimal for homes with people who are more sensitive to allergens (or have asthma). Unfortunately, they can make the air conditioner work a little harder to move the air, and can possibly contribute to increased wear and tear.
- Electrostatic Filters are reusable, washable filters that save you from the cost of monthly replacement. They work by using a static charge to attract microscopic particles that fiberglass filters don’t catch.
Take a moment to call us at (614) 524-4737 or use our convenient online scheduling page to book your cooling system tune-up and checkout this spring. Save yourself time, and money!